10/14/09

hip hop evening


last night i ordered (gross) mexican from the hood - actually it wasn't terrible but it took too long and then the guy couldn't figure out how to buzz my apt and then he didn't have a price for my food and then we had to call the restaurant... i can't remember the name of the spot so they escape without a blog smackdown. then i proceeded to watch all things hip hop on vh1. 'the hip hop honors' aired last night and while i normally wouldn't watch such a thing, it was strictly a def jam evening. they basically took over the awards and celebrated 25 years in the biz (which is impressive to say the least) they are the only label in my mind and still going strong. if 9/11 hadn't happened when i was interning there i may still be there..... russell simmons, rick ruben and lyor were all sitting together in the crowd and the camera was constantly on them (i still have quite the crush on lyor but now my fancy rick). rick is in my opinion the biggest badass in all of the record industry. he's produced everything from insane hip hop to heavy rock and looks like jesus/santa. i dig his style and he's done a lot for music across the board. then 'behind the music' w 50 cent was on and i couldn't turn off the tele. vitaminwater had a few moments of fame and the rest was about how 50 was shot 9 times a while back... so, i had a pretty hardcore night- i guess some of my neighbors did as well bc my lovely car was key'd this am when i woke up- fuc&ers! glad they key's my already in shambles side door that has a huge gash on it anyway from a kid that ran his bike into years ago... idiots! now i am only motivated to kill everyone in my neighborhood and finally try to fix my previous door gash.

No comments:

Post a Comment