6/20/11

play time!




I so enjoy summer weekends where I feel a lot less of a piece of garbo and I get out and play! fyi >am writing today's post in my email to copy paste into blogger because my boss is in and lingering in his office behind me. soooo stealth. ok so what's there to report? friday night was felicia's b day gathering at spritzenhaus which was jam packed w hipsters galore and andrew and his wife were thoroughly amused (and documented things on facebook as if they were at the zoo taking pics of the monkeys)! at least 3 dudes were there shirtless with only overalls (or onezies as aletha calls them) all of which partook in the wheeling out of a piano in the street and an "impromptu" band performance. hip as hell. yes thats a giant piece of meat and a tiny bun that aletha is enjoying. can't believe i didn't eat! that's a first. made it home around 1 which was pretty good since I started around 6pm.

saturday I had the consistently tasty brunch at habitat and equally as good hand made bloody mary (my moi) @ habitat and then a nap and movie before bowling b day extravaganza @ melody lanes in park slope. wow. this p;ace it right outta 1985 and RAD. the bartender… a whole different story. one for another time perhaps? I will say, chris made fun of me bc fred told me to google him and I did! c'mon there are tons of articles these days about all kinds of shit; having a blog or a bunch of stuff of "frank the bartender from brooklyn" is not impossible!

later we made moves to cameo (love this venue) to hear chris' friend sam play a gig and then to my new favorite bar in williamsburg the cove. this place has a dj every saturday night playin 90's hip hop and other dopeness. FINALLY! was that so much to ask to happen in BROOKLYN. I danced my face off. and it was large amounts of fun (and jager bombs :) for the first time ever, someone besides ME demanded pizza on the drunken way home and then ATE NONE of his 2 slices, forcing me to eat and be angry about it.

sunday fun day! teddy's was missing us, so had my favorite dish for brunch (huevos a la mexicana) and walked around bedford, had a bubble tea and went to the ferry! we went to visit rebecca selling her brewla bars (hand made fresh fruit popsicles that are great and good for you!) at the boardwalk on the way to the ferry and we got a raspberry green tea pop! thank g-d! it was a scorcher and we ended up waiting for the ferry for and hour and a half! we took er to the city to go see super 8.

I can't say enough about how much I loved this movie! I think it MAY be because I didn't expect much. the kids cast are perfect! my fav had to be brace face followed by chub rock and the sweetie pie kid coming in with a tie, the girl is really great too! this movie had it all in the way of old time good shit from back in the spielberg days. reminiscent of goonies and ET in all the good ways, life lessons and touching moments weren't left out. good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment